Monday, April 13, 2009

Slow It Down

Photobucket

Lately I have been getting very reflective with my life. From time to time I try to jump ahead and make things happen quicker. This is no fun…mad stressful. Im trying to learn to sit, just be, and let life present itself to me, I mean sure you need to go after things you want but worrying about things you cannot control is pointless. Im thinking this… I’m slowing my shit down in hopes that it will speed things up if you can catch my steeze with that. Whenever I need to slow down I go home with my music. Home is where the heart is and my home is Reggae. Rocker T is one of my favorite Oakland white boys in the Cali reggae scene. He has a magical voice that makes my eyes water and my feet start backwards skipping while sitting in my cube. Watch for his album this summer he is so NASTY. I did a little exercise on my break today...Listen to this ill recording of Rocker T at Northwest Reggae Fest in 2007 and draw the first thing that comes to mind and see what I come up with by the end of the track (I went about three minutes over) This is what I had…It’s a pineapple doode. If I could just a reach a one, just a teach a one, just through me speech my son...

No comments: